Go to our new website UTMHealthcare.com for complete information about our healthcare products and services.
Remote Patient Monitoring
UTM:Healthcare is a suite of integrated solutions that provide software and hardware for communicating critical real-time health data to healthcare providers in a completely secure and easy-to-use way.
UTM:RPM is a HIPAA-compliant remote patient monitoring system facilitating patient-friendly home care monitoring. It provides an efficient and simple solution that benefits both patients and providers. Patients can remain at their homes while providing alerts to their own medical teams with essential, time-sensitive data for managing chronic conditions and hence reducing the need for emergency room visits and hospital admissions.
UTM:RPM helps manage many chronic conditions including:
- Congestive Heart Failure (“CHF”)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (“COPD”)
- Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack) (“MI”)
Remote Monitoring – As simple as 1-2-3
- At the time of discharge, acceptable ranges for each individual patient are entered into the patient monitoring dashboard.
- Patients electronically send their daily vitals (e.g. pulse, blood pressure, blood oxygen and weight) and other requested health information to their healthcare provider.
- Medical staff receive patients’ information through either their smartphones or desktop computers. These forms of transmissions facilitate immediate review.
UTM:RPM at Columbia Memorial Health (“CMH”)
In 2016, CMH implemented UTM:RPM for a small group of patients with chronic illnesses that have frequently required hospital readmission within thirty days after discharge.
Dr. Ronald Pope, Medical Director of the Care Centers and a family doctor who is leading the project for CMH, cited real-world applications for the technology. He explained that physicians at CMH have been able to use UTM:RPM monitoring to make medication adjustments that have potentially prevented readmissions. In the context of patients with CHF, a chronic condition in which weight gain of a couple of pounds can signal a radical deterioration, Dr. Pope stated the following:
“Weight fluctuations are quickly reported by UTM’s alert system and we can make adjustments to their treatment almost immediately.”
CMH Pilot News
We’re excited to report coverage of UTM:RPM’s pilot with CMH at: Health Data Management
Patients Manage Their Own Health
UTM:RPM helps patients manage their own health in their own homes. They can help themselves avoid unnecessary trips to doctors’ offices, visits to the emergency room, and hospitalizations. They can help themselves stay healthier longer.
Avoidable Readmissions & Penalties Reduced
Results outside a patient’s preset range alert medical staff thus flagging a potential problem for quicker intervention. In 2016, approximately 2,600 hospitals (more than half the Nation’s hospitals) were assessed penalties under Medicare’s Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (“HRRP”).
UTM:RPM helps healthcare providers reduce patient readmissions, providing cost reductions while achieving Medicare’s HRRP objectives:
- Improving care coordination and communications between providers, patients and their caregivers
- Enhancing discharge planning and follow-up
- Providing continuity of care through patient involvement and sharing information
UTM:RPM currently works with iOS and biometric devices from iHealthLabs, Inc. Other devices can be readily integrated.
For A Closer Look Go to UTMHealthcare.com